Most of us would like to read more books, which means establishing a consistent reading habit. But like starting and keeping up with any new habit, becoming a regular reader can be difficult.
This guide contains 19 of the most effective techniques I’ve found to help me be a productive and consistent reader.
And because they’re based on fundamental principles of habit building and behavioral psychology, I believe they can help anyone learn to build a solid, more consistent reading habit.
- Make a list of all the books you want to read.
- Find books that really grip you and keep you going.
- Set times for reading every day for at least 15 minutes.
- Take a book with you wherever you go. If there is a time when you have to wait start reading your book.
- Find a comfortable place in your home to avoid distractions while reading.
- Cutting back on TV and Internet consumption can be helpful.
- Keep a log of books that you have read.
- It is extremely satisfying to go back over the log after a couple of months to see all the great books you’ve read.
- You can make a weekly trip to library to save your spendings on books.
- Make your reading time your favorite time of day like while drinking coffee or in your favourite cozy place.
How to learn a new language?
- The first step to learning a new language fast is to set goals for what you want to achieve.
- Focus on learning the basic words first to eliminate wasting time.
- When learning your words, you’ll learn faster by using the smart techniques like flashcards, visualization.
- Start using the language in everyday use.
- Some of the best learning happens in real-life situations.
- It’s important to learn about the culture and history associated with these words.
- Knowing that you plan to take a test is a great way to motivate yourself to learn faster.
- We tend to learn best when we’re enjoying ourselves, so don’t forget to make language learning fun.
How to focus one day at a time?
- What you need to know is that neither looking forward nor backwards is going to make you feel any better about how things are right now.
- Taking one day at a time means not asking too much of yourself, or neglecting your own needs.
- Focusing on just today means that you can make sure you nourish your mind and body.
- Focusing on your small, daily achievements will help you stay grounded and moving forward, slowly but surely.
- Each night, grab a pen, open your journal and note down the important things that happened that day.
- Worrying about what might or could happen is, as we all know, a total waste of time.
- Set small daily goals by writing them on a to do list to keep things in mind.
- Completing small goals will fill you with a sense of purpose when you go to bed.
- So when you do get up, get dressed, and feed yourself… pat yourself on the back.
- Complementing yourself is important, remember to live to the fullest as we have limited number of days in our lives.
How to focus on positive?
- Start your day with a positive outlook or affirmation.
- There is no such thing as a perfect day.
- Focus on small good things.
- Find humour in bad situations.
- Turn failures into lessons.
- Try to avoid negative self talk and transform it into positive self talk.
- Stay away from people who spread negativity.
Popular smartphone hacks debunked/smartphones hacks that are not true
Letting your battery drop to zero is good
Its actually not good for battery health as it wears out lithium-ion batteries faster.
Charging phones overnight can lead to explosion
Today’s smartphones contain protective chip to stop it from overcharging.
Removing sim will prevent tracking
Your phone can still be tracked if the GPS is on and
Your smartphone can cook an egg
Phones doesn’t emit enough radiation to cook an egg
Using off-brand chargers destroys batteries.
You can find some good off-brand chargers as well, it’s knockoffs you should avoid.
You shouldn’t use phone while charging
Most of the chargers support using your phone while charging
Its okay to skip updates
App updates provide security against data breach, skipping an upgrade is not okay.
Mobile antivirus is all that you need
Mobile antivirus doesn’t always secure your phone due to limitations in a smartphone.
iOS is immune
Data in iOS can also be compromised.
Headphones not working? Here’s how to fix it
- If your headphones don’t work, switch them off and on again after plugging them in.
- If you can’t hear anything it might be cause you have muted the headphones.
- Remove your headphones’ pairing and then re-pair the headphones with your phone or computer.
- Check for damage by bending the cable.
- Clean the headphone jack if you are using wired headphones.
- Check the headphones on another device or try to use another app.
- Restart your device.